Today’s Groupon Edmonton Daily Deal of the Day: EZ Self Control: $40 for One or $101 for Three Hypnosis Sessions (Up to 77% Off)
Buy now from only $40
Discount 72% Off
What You’ll Get
Choose Between Two Options:
- $40 for one hypnosis session ($147 value)
- $101 for three hypnosis sessions ($441 value)
This is a limited time offer while quantities last so don’t miss out!
Click here to buy now or for more details about the deal.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required, 24-hour advance notice required. Merchant’s standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
EZ Self Control
11715E-108 Ave, Edmonton, AB T5H 1B8
Three Things to Know About Hypnosis
Despite its less-than-serious depiction in cartoons and movies, hypnosis can be an effective tool for therapy. Read on to learn more about the way hypnosis affects our conscious minds.
1. People aren’t unconscious under hypnosis. In fact, they are in a state of focused hyper-awareness. Subjects’ suggestibility does not emerge from any lack of understanding, but rather from the suppression of inhibitions. That might result in a stage performer making a person feel comfortable enough to cluck like a duck that thinks it’s a chicken, but for a therapist it might mean circumventing the conscious mind’s tendency to make excuses for an addiction.
2. You cannot be hypnotized against your will. Although it is true that a hypnotized person will be more susceptible to suggestion, it’s simply not possible to force them to do something that they don’t want to do. Likewise, when battling a deep-set psychological issue such as a phobia or an addiction, hypnosis doesn’t work by reversing the patient’s unwanted thoughts but by gradually strengthening their resolve to silence them.
3. Hypnosis often takes hold gradually. Many hypnotherapists use a method known as progressive relaxation. Introducing peaceful imagery in slow, soothing tones, the professional lulls the patient into a state of relaxation over a longer period of time—as long as a half-hour—and gauges their suggestibility with simple, easy-to-swallow commands such as “relax your arms.”
Click here to buy now or for more information about the deal. Don’t miss out!