Today’s Groupon Edmonton Daily Deal of the Day: Lotus Art Gallery: Up to 40% Off on Five Plein-Air Classes in Impressionism
Buy now for only $330
Discount 40% Off
Unleash your creativity on canvas in a relaxing setting. Take the 5 lesson course in Impressionism to build brushstroke and capture light.
About This Deal
Five plein-air classes of painting Impressionism for One PersonLotus Art Gallery: Course in fine art: 5 Important lessons in ImpressionismInstead of painting in a studio, Impressionists found that they could capture the momentary & transient effects of sunlight by working quickly, in front of their subjects, in the open air (“Plein-air”).
This resulted in a greater awareness of light and colour and the shifting pattern of the natural scene. Brushwork became rapid and broken into separate dabs to render the fleeting quality of light.
Learn 5 important lessons of impressionism in 5 classes to enhance your creative skills. Build upon techniques and create paintings while enjoying the fresh air of the open skies and smiles that come with meeting new people.
Instructing artist, Mariam Qureshi, was recently awarded for her efforts in conservation at the Elk Island National Park & is the recipient of several visual art Awards. She has taught & mentored all skill levels and age groups and is known at several high schools, homeschools and senior homes for her classes. Her last few courses were offered by the Metro Continued Learning Program and The University of Alberta’s Botanic Garden in 2019.
What you will learn:
1. Brief Art History (Throughout the course)
2. Basics of drawing shapes and adding volume with Charcoal (Lesson 1)
3. Drawing a scene in open-air (plain air) with changing perspective and fleeting light (Lesson 2)
4. Mixing Colour (from primary to secondary & beyond), and the art of quick mark-making with wet paint on wet technique) (Lesson 3).
5. Learning to Block-in a scene with paint (composing, perspective, volume, shapes and direction of light) (Lesson 4).
6. Learn to complete a study painting while highlighting the impression of the scene and the fleeting sunlight (Lesson 5).
- The classes will be held at Terwillegar Park (Rabbit Hill bend, Saskatchewan River) (meeting: parking lot)
- Classes are offered only from March to August 2022.
- You must email Lotus Art Gallery to schedule you for the appropriate lesson.
- Space is limited, so Do Not Wait till August to schedule yourself in for your 5 classes of the season.
- Classes will be held on Sundays 2:30 – 5 pm.
- There is a limit of 10 participants per class, prioritizing those scheduled early in the season (March, April & May). If you cannot complete the 5 lessons this season, you will need to wait to complete the course next season (2023) or take the classes on weekdays according to instructors’ availability.
This is a limited time offer while quantities last so don’t miss out!
Click here to buy now or for more info about the deal.
Read More “Lotus Art Gallery: Up to 40% Off on Five Plein-Air Classes in Impressionism”